Before even covering the aforementioned Q1, Q given below are satisfied by Q1..
- What if Mr X don't want whatsapp on mobile 24x7 hogging up battery life, just need it for indoor communication purposes. (or)
- What if touch-screen display is smaller in smartphone, need larger display for better accessibility(or)
- Don't need the whole of contact/address book to be listed in whatsapp.(or)
- Can it be installed on other form factors like laptop or desktop with linux/Win? - Yes, with a virtual full android env available on such machine, whatsapp can be installed
- In a non-smartphone devices like tablet(HP slate 7 beats special edition) which runs android(android version 4.4.2), download the WhatsApp.apk from www.whatsapp.com/android
- Run the prg
- Follow the On screen Instructions .. see below for the various steps involved.
Whatsapp will gather the contact information from the device(skype, email, hangout) Inorder to add mobile number use contact+ app from google store(include the screeshots from the tablet).
Anuko is simple web based timetracking application for logging/timekeeping/timesheet of various business related activity like running/occupancy expenses incured for income purposes(IMP: For business purposes few changes need to be made to the application(src) as the current timetracker is for project(sw) purposes).
Web based application allows centralization of information. It can be accessed anytime from anywhere to log information.
Various steps for installing Anuko is provided here
Some of the satisfied prerequisites are
PHP Version 5.3.3
Download Anuko source code
Allow write file access permisssions for directory WEB-INF/templates_c/
Database creation and created necessary tables
In sourceforge creating MySQL database is simplified by using phpmyadmin
In the browser enter the url: anuko.sourceforge.net/timetracker/dbinstall.php
After successful installation disable install script
chmod 000 dbinstall.php
Config file tweaking
change $dsn value
ttuser -> username
yourpassword -> password
localhost -> hostname
timetracker -> database name
If you install anuko in a subdirectory, make sure to enter this in APP_NAME parameter in config.php
change admin password
Default login: admin
default pwd: secret
Using custom domain name to point to virtual host(vhost)
http://timetracker.gnumen.org/timetracker will be the final outcome of all the configuration setup in DNS.
DNS Propagation check - https://dnschecker.org
For clean url, make use of .htaccess
Current time tracker is for software project development. Need to make necessary changes to source(whenever time allows) to make it usable for personal budget related purposes like lodging time related matters like running expenses or occupancy expenses.
Changes to be madeEach user can make use of various devices at the same time for running expenses like computer/laptop, heater/fan/cooler etc